The Fairfax Foundation was established in 1959 by the Fairfax family with a donation of £100,000. Its purpose is to help current staff members, former staff members and their dependants.
It is run by eight Trustees, four elected by staff and four appointed by management, who meet regularly to manage the Foundation’s assets, review applications and distribute funds.
Contact the Fairfax Foundation Ph: +61 2 9282 2070
The Fairfax Foundation is respected for its positive contribution to the lives of current and former staff members of Fairfax Media.
The Fairfax Foundation will provide financial benefit to current and former staff members and their dependants within the confines of the Trust Deed.
Types of Assistance
Current and former staff members who are suffering hardship and who cannot secure funds through normal channels or require funeral assistance after the loss of a family member may receive grants or interest free loans.
Personal Development Grants Program
The Personal Development Grants Program helps fund eligible Fairfax Group Company staff, their partners and dependents pursue various personal development goals.
The objectives of the Program are to provide financial assistance to enable individuals to gain access to personal development opportunities which they could otherwise not afford, without making a significant sacrifice.
The Personal Development Program has been expanded and is now open year round. Deadlines for applications are 1 week prior to the monthly Board Meeting. Please refer to the 2014 meeting schedule below. Click to download the guidelines or application form. For more information regarding the revised program please contact Kelly Cook on (02) 9282 2070.
The Retired Employees Association
Receives help with their running costs. The REA have a presence in the following regions: Melbourne, Sydney, NSW South Coast, Central Coast, Port Stephens, Newcastle and Tweed Heads. For more information on the REA please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 9282 2521 or to view their latest newsletter click here
2017 Board Meeting Schedule
Wednesday 1 February
Wednesday 1 March
Wednesday 29 March
Wednesday 3 May
Wednesday 31 May
Wednesday 28 June
Wednesday 26 July
Wednesday 30 August
Wednesday 27 September
Wednesday 25 October
Wednesday 29 November
Mr Jon Clarke - Chair
Ms Kylie Boyle
Mr Lawrence Cowen
Ms Rebecca Davis
Ms Kylie Dennis
Ms Sue Hall
Ms Janice Smith
The Foundation is managed by Executive Officer Kelly Cook on email@example.com or (02) 9282 2070.
The Fairfax Foundation owns a number of properties that are available to current and former staff and members of the Retired Employees Association at discounted rates. The Foundation owns and
operates properties at Merimbula in NSW and Broadbeach in Queensland.
IMPORTANT - For quotes and booking enquiries please contact each Property Manager directly. Always check availability with the on-site booking office as online availability does not apply to the Foundation properties.
The Foundation own 2 x 3 bedroom apartments at the Waterview Luxury Apartments, 12 Arthur Kaine Drive, Merimbula NSW. Apartment 1 is on the ground floor and Apartment 12 is a penthouse apartment. Situated opposite Merimbula's broadwater, Waterview Luxury Apartments commands excellent water views set against a town and mountain vista. Merimbula's famous Main Beach is just one minute away.
For bookings please contact the Property Manager on (02) 6495 3408 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Foundation own 2 x 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartments at The Wave Resort in Broadbeach, QLD. The fully self-contained apartments on the 27th floor and 20th floors are located at the doorstep of Broadbeach's cafe and dining precincts and minutes walk from golden beaches. The apartments offer luxury accommodation with unbelievable Gold Coast Hinterland and ocean views and each sleep up to 7 (bedroom configuration 2 x King, 1 x Twin). The resort features a rooftop sky pool, spa, sauna, BBQ and entertaining areas, infinity pool, fully equipped gymnasium and free security parking. Please note that the complex is non-smoking. A block-out period applies during schoolies period and bookings from the 16th December 2017 - 27th January 2018 will be subject to ballot. For more information regarding the ballot please contact Kelly Cook on email@example.com.
For bookings please contact the Property Manager on (07) 5555 9200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
Minimum stays of one week apply during peak periods. Outside of these times minimum bookings of 3 nights are required.
- Reservations may be made by current or former Fairfax Media staff and/or Retired Employees' Association (REA) members for their personal use. The staff or REA member responsible for the reservation must be in attendance for the duration. Exceptions to this rule must be approved by the Foundation in writing.
- All persons staying at the Foundation's holiday apartments agree to abide by the Foundation's rules and regulations and those of the on-site management. The terms, conditions and cancellation policies of each resort may be viewed on the resort websites. Please familiarise yourself with the relative conditions before proceeding with your reservation.
- All extra services requested by Fairfax Media staff/REA members and/or their guests will be payable directly to the on-site management. This also applies to any extraordinary cleaning costs.
- The Fairfax Foundation specifically excludes itself from involvement in any dispute which might arise between persons staying at the apartments and the on-site management. Any costs associated with settling such disputes will be borne by the persons responsible and/or the on-site management.
- Staff/REA members staying at the apartments will be held responsible for any loss, damage or extraordinary cleaning costs caused by themselves or their guests. The Fairfax Foundation will not be held responsible.
- Fairfax Media staff/REA members found to be in breach of the on-site management's conditions or those of the Fairfax Foundation may forfeit the right to future use of the Foundation's holiday units.